Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Your overnight trip to Japan’s famous Mt Fuji includes a stay at the Highland Resort and Spa with entrance tickets to the Fujiyama Museum, Fujiyama Onsen Hot Springs and admission to Fuji-Q Highland Amusement Park. You’ll see Japan’s most revered mountain, relax in natural hot springs and ride record-breaking roller-coasters on this 2-day excursion from Tokyo.
- Hotel pickup included
- All entrance fees included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Multi-Day Trip
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Day 1 -- Tokyo to Kawaguchi-ko (L)
After pickup from your hotel, your guide meets you at the bus terminal for a 9am departure on a comfortable coach to Mt Fuji. You’ll travel 60 miles (100 km) to the slopes of Mt Fuji and stop in the Fuji Visitor Center where you learn about the geological and cultural history of Mt Fuji. Your coach will take you to the visiting area at 5th station, where more than 200,000 climbers each year begin their ascent to the mountain’s peak, Japan’s highest at 12,389 feet (3,776 meters).
As you stroll around 5th station, your professional guide shares stories of Mt Fuji’s natural history and its role in Japanese culture – it has inspired many pilgrims, paintings and poems over the centuries and was recently added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Snap photos of the incredible views from observation points around 5th station. A jacket is handy as it can be cool due to the elevation.
Next, enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch before heading to Highland Resort and Spa, located right next to Fuji-Q Amusement Park. After checking you into your hotel in the mid-afternoon, your guide will depart and you’ll have the rest of the day to spend at your leisure.
Take a relaxing retreat next door to your hotel at the Fujiyama Onsen Hot Springs, soaking in their indoor or outdoor traditional wooden baths fed by natural hot springs. If you’d like a view of Mt Fuji over dinner, the restaurant at the onsen has a good one. Or pop over to the Fujiyama Museum where you’ll find paintings and illustrations of Mt Fuji. Both the Fujiyama Onsen Hot Springs and Fujiyama Museum entrance tickets are included in your tour.
Day 2 -- Kawaguchi-ko to Tokyo
You will start your day by heading over to Fuji-Q Highland – your tour package includes early admission to this popular amusement park. If you love roller coasters, you’ll find plenty of thrills on Fuji-Q Highland’s hair-raising rides – the four main ones have set world records!
Fujiyama was the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster when it opened in 1996; with a height of 259 feet (79 meters), it reaches a speed of 81 miles per hour (130 km per hour).
Dodonpa, the park’s speediest roller coaster, is the world record-holder for fastest acceleration, going from zero to 107 miles per hour (172 km per hour) in under two seconds.
Eejanaika (2006), a '4th dimension' roller coaster in which the seats do full rotations forward or backward, holds the record for the most number of loops for a roller coaster ride.
Finally, Takabisha, built in 2011, holds the record for the steepest drop.
If you want more thrills and chills, venture into the truly scary haunted house! Or take younger children to the elaborate anime-themed attractions such as the Hamutaro rides – which include a kid-sized roller coaster and pirate ship – and Thomas Land with its Thomas the Tank Engine small rides and 3D theater.
In the late afternoon, catch the bus from Fuji-Q Highland back to Tokyo using the assigned tickets provided to you by your guide. Your tour concludes upon arrival at Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal in Tokyo.
Pickup is available at the following select hotels/locations in Tokyo:
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes at Shinjuku Expressway Bus Terminal.
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Free Wi-Fi while on tour bus
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Audio guides are available for free in Chinese and Spanish. Advance reservation required
- Hotel drop-off
- Fuji Q Highland Freepass or attraction fee is NOT included
- Gratuities (optional)
Additional Information :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- When Fuji Visitor Center is closed or the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic, Fuji Visitor Center may be skipped
- The following are included at Highland Resort as perks: Fuji Q Highland admission, Fujiyama Museum admission, Fujiyama Onsen admission. If these facilities are unavailable for any reason, the tour will not be cancelled, and no refunds will be issued
- Using Fujiyama Onsen before check-in or after check-out will incur a fee
- According to Japanese customs, people don't wear towels or swimwear when entering an onsen (hot spring). Also, people with tattoos are not allowed to go into onsens. In this case, no alternative attraction or refund will be provided
- The tour bus on the first day will be a shared ride with other tours visiting Mt. Fuji
- For travelers who select the round-trip option, the bus ticket for return to Tokyo will be given to you by the guide on Day 1. The bus indicated on this ticket MUST be used and substitutions/exchanges cannot be made. This ticket will not be accepted for any buses other than the one assigned
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required